Rules of Arctic Competition
Guide for constructing a scientific project
Please carefully read the Rules of the Arctic Competition.
The scientific project is a project proposal, where you formulate a proposal for a project that you are able to research in the field at an arctic station.
- What are you curious about in the Arctic? Formulate a specific question, that you are able to research
- Make a hypothesis (What do you think the answer could be)
- Design a plan for testing your hypothesis! In this plan you describe what tests to perform and what information to collect. The plan has to describe how you intend to analyze the results in order to prove or reject the hypothesis. The plan also must describe how you will present the results.
Guide for constructing an innovation project
The innovation project is a project proposal, where you formulate a problem that is seen in the Arctic and focus on a proposal for a solution to the problem that you are able to work on.
- What problem do you see in the Arctic, where you are able to propose a solution? Describe the problem.
- Design a solution to the problem that could be useful in the Arctic. You can design a prototype of your idea to solve the problem. However, keep in mind that you have to be able to submit the project electronically.
- You must describe how to present your results.
Please also carefully read the Rules of the participation in the Arctic expedition and Information sheet for the Arctic competitions.